Tuesday 3 January 2012

Imperial Guard Manticore Conversion

Well over the Christmas Holiday I didn't manage to pick up a
Brush or even start a project that I Intended!

I did manage to start something for my Imperial Guard Army though!
I've not touched this Army for years (It was featured in White Dwarf 266 in its earliest incarnation) & my mate Craig is going to use it at The Vapnartak 40k Tournament in Feb.
anyway here's a wip, the weapons are just tacked on to get a feel of the overall look of it, not a great picture though. I've added more detail & filled the gaps properley since this photo.
I just need to add a few more rivets & maybe another vision slit on the passenger side.


As all the vehicles in my Army are based on Landspeeders,
I have used a Sace Marine Scout Landspeeder Storm as the basis,
which makes life much easier as i dont have to cut a speeder in half as i had to on these below.



2 comments:

  1. Wow Im so glad i stumbled into this. The white dwarf that it was published in was the first white dwarf i had ever bought and it is one thing that i always look back at for inspiration for my imperial guard army.

    I use elysian drop troops and wanted a count as for captain alrahem. So i gave them all cowboy hats ;-) and plan to mount that in my own take of a 40k huey equivalent.

    It would be cool to see some more full army pictures on here

    A real inspiration and im so glad your sharing it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Thanks for the comments, If I ever get my army back off my mate I want to take some photo's of it.
    Cheers
    Keith

    ReplyDelete