Friday 16 May 2014

Vikingr with Dane Axes

We've recently been playing Saga again 
& have signed up for the UK Grand Melee to be held at
 Firestorm Games in Cardiff on June 7th & 8th.
I thought that there would be more people going & it was touch & go for a while
whether it went ahead. but all is good & its happening so get signed up for it.

Anyway, I've never been truly happy with the Viking board,
so I thought that I would give the Jomsvikingr a go & I've really enjoyed
playing them. I like the challenge of getting the wrath built up
to get some really devastating abilities. I've found it fun to build the wrath up & make all these plans & been too dopey to realise, that when I use the abilities the wrath is decreasing all the time, so that when combat ensues there is only 1 or 2 wrath so I don't get all the attacks that I thought I would!!!

I needed some Dane axe armed Vikings & as look had it I had 5 Gripping beast figures & managed to cadge some more off Jim (who has a great new Blog) so I now have a unit of 6 Hirdmen (Jomsvikings) with Dane Axes.

Here's a picture, I'm not too sure about the one with Blond hair though,
I think he looks a bit too much like Richard Branson!!



Anyway hope you like them.
Cheers Keith










8 comments:

  1. Keith,
    These look absolutel super mate! Well done :o)
    Yes, he does look a bit like Sir Rich!? ;o)
    I had thought about the Grand Melee, but it's right in the middle of exam marking time so a bit too awkward.
    Hope you have fun!
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Matt.
      Come on you know you want go ;-) , it would be brilliant to play against you again.

      Delete
  2. They are looking ace!

    Funny... I always loved the Vking board. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish that I could make it down to Cardiff but I'm afraid that it's just not going to fit into my calender sadly.

    Have a blast down there.... in the meantime, keep producing those lovely paint jobs!

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers Guys

    Darrell There's only Craig & me going, Jim, Tom & Pete are busy that weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Vikings, and a great blog too. That is definitely Richard Branson, no doubt about it! Cheers, Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete