Sunday 5 December 2021

RAMSHACKLE CELLS

 I’ve been a bit slack updating this blog lately, so I thought I had best pull my finger out and get posting 😂

Well I decided that I needed some prison cells & being too tight to buy any I decided to make some from plastic sheet & bits of tin can. 


First of all I needed to make wrinkly tin roofing sheets. To do this I dug out a former that I’d made sometime ago from two blocks of wood with nails glued onto them & cut up some coke cans into little oblongs  

To use the former, I placed an oblong of the aluminium on one part and pushed the other one down on top to create the ridges 


After I’d done a load of wrinkly tin sheets, I grabbed some big sheets of plasticard (that I had bought for a long abandoned project) & cut them into the desired shapes.
I then scored the sheets to represent the timber board edges, after which I got a corse razor saw & scraped it down the card to simulate the woodgrain

 
 
 
I had found a offcut length of some large black mesh that I'm not sure what its used for, but looked Ideal for Iron bars (or even leaded windows)
 
 
I’d also attached the wrinkly tin sheeting to a thin peice of styrene sheet, 
I did this to create the roof section & enable it be removable.


 

The building was then undercoated black & painted with pale browns & light greys washed with black, brown & green.

The roof was painted dark grey &  highlighted with lighter grey with various red browns to simulate rust all washed as above.






Its come out ok, but why I just didn't build it out of balsa wood though 
& save a lot of work, I don't know 😂


2 comments:

  1. Very nice - I will definitely steal that idea for making corrugated tin sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you’re welcome. It gets a bit tedious though & I think in hindsight I would have made the wrinkly tin sheets wider & trimmed them to suit.

    ReplyDelete