Thursday 18 April 2019

Rangers Of Shadow Deep


 I recently bought Rangers of Shadowdeep after listening to the Meeples & Miniatures podcast, as I’d been looking for a game to be able to play solo. The rules are self published & available through  Drive Through RPG, I got the PDF & print on demand softcover rule book deal.


It’s a solo or co-operative game where all the monsters are controlled by a simple AI system.  It’s written by the guy who wrote  Frostgrave & from what I understand, uses the same basic mechanics.
Some of the layout bugs me a bit, especially that the rules for the ranger are at the beginning & then for creating the rest of his group are after the basic rules? This aside I really like the rules.


Last night I played my first game of Rangers of Shadow deep, the first scenario is The Deserted Village.
I really enjoyed playing the game, which played in about an hour ad a half. The only ‘death’ I had was my Rangers dog, but it turned out it was only a ‘close call’ so he survived.


No comments:

Post a Comment