Tuesday 19 March 2024

Converted figures for The Silver Bayonet

Finally another sporadic blog update 😁

I've been finishing up more stuff for The Silver Bayonet.

So to start i finally found a miniature to use for a Heavy cavalryman. The base figure is Lord Byron from Matchlock Miniatures,The Regency Zombie Hunters range sold by Minifigs/Caliver Books. 

I added some cuffs, turnbacks & widened the front of the coat, tweaked the waist coat to look more like a military fatigue jacket & added a sash

I then made a sword scabbard from some flattened copper wire with fittings, straps, links & sword knot made from greenstuff/brownstuff & fuse wire.

Here's the pictures of the Heavy Cavalryman








I wanted to add a Highwayman to the Unit, so I bought the pack of Beedles & Watchmen from the Irish Uprising range sold by Skytrex Military Models. 

There's three figures to a pack with separate heads, I already had a use for 2 of the miniatures.

I used a bare head that i had kicking about & made a battered top hat & neckerchief mask from greenstuff to make him look like what I imagined a Highwayman to be like.



I also used the figure with the Blunderbuss as a Coachman, I just used the standard figure for this without any modifications.
 



Finally, I picked up the issue of Wargames Illustrated with the free sprue of Plastic Warlord Games French Napoleonic Infantry.

First of all I cut off the muskets, I liked the look of the figures with the arm still across the chest, as if it was muscle memory from marching with the muskets.

Next I cut off the head from the Shako, gluing on a Zombie head from the old  Studio miniatures WW2 german Zombies.

I also added an arm to one the figures to make it look like it was carrying & eating it as it was walking along.




Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment