Wednesday 6 April 2022

Slum Tenement Building for Pulp Gaming part 3

 For part 3, I’ll start with the rear lean-to.

I made a frame from solid round plastic rod, that I had scraped along the length, to simulate a wood grain (as I did with the walls of the prison cells), I also did this to create the ballustrades, only on square rod.

 The walls were made from balsa & my patented home made wrinkly tin sheeting 😁




 I forgot to say that the chimneys were clad in some brick embossed plasticard, with some plastic tube for the pots. 
I glued all the walls together and glued them to some plasticard sheeting (that I’d bought some years ago to put some trenches on, & of course that never happened!) 

I made the court yard by making a little stamp from a plasticard offcut and some thin styrene sheet.
I then pressed this into some millput that I’d flattened out on the base at the rear to create the cortyard, I I deffinatley think it would have been easier if I had taken the time to make a roller rather than the press! 

 
I added flag stones to the bottom of the side steps by using some cereal packet card cut to the right size & glued to the base.
 
This was the final stage before painting. I tried to create a grubby cement render effect, which I think I achieved.
 
Well, finally here are some finished photos, the figure is from the excelent 1st Corps C20th Follies range, sculpted by Mark Fuller.
 

 
 


 
I hope you have all enjoyed the WIP posts of my build, though, I'm now thinking that I might have to build a row of outdoor privies to go with it next.

I dont know, as yet, how well I will do in the BSC2022, fingers crossed I will get to the final.
 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment