Friday 1 April 2022

Slum Tenement Building for Pulp Gaming Part 2

 Well here’s part 2 of the build & part 3 will follow when the pictures  of the finished build have been on LAF for judging. 

Well the general consensus, was that the second drawing with the central section higher than the rest would be the best configuration for the build, also the eaves height was dropped down to above the windows (I didn’t take any photos though of this stage)

I started trying to make some windows & got fed up really quickly....... so I did a search on eBay & got some cracking mdf laser cut ones.


 I couldn’t get all of the windows quite the right size, so I trimmed off the frame along one edge to create a large window.

Next up I needed to make some doors. I did this by drawing out some doors in autocad, these were in 3 parts.


The full door in the frame, the door in the frame with the inserts cut out & the frame on its own. 

I printed these on thin card (see picture above) & glued them together in the previous order.

 

I made all the roof sections seperatley out of mounting board & cereal packet for the roof tiles.

I made good use of my lunch breaks at work to tile all the roof panels & made some chimney stacks from foamboard off cuts & Thick Card. these were made large so that a miniature can be placed ontop of them if needed.

The Catslide (mono-pitched) dormers have been made from foam board, mounting card & balsa

 

As can be seen below, when the above had been completed, I put everything together to get a feel of how it looked overall



Thats it for now, I will post the final part over the weekend (hopefully!)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment