Sunday 27 March 2022

Slum Tenement Building for Pulp Gaming - Part 1

 Over on LAF, the yearly Build Something contest had been declared (this is a light hearted contest where everyone who enters makes something that vaguely resembles that years theme & you win nothing 🤣) with the the theme of rest! Which, to be fair, is a very broad theme. 

I had wanted some buildings from the lower end of town (wrong side of the tracks) & couldn’t find any pre-made ones that fitted the bill. So that was it, I decided to enter the competition and make what I had originally intended to be a slum dosshouse, but this got changed to tenement buildings!

 Below are the inspiration pictures that I found around the web




 

 I also decided that I wouldn’t be buying anything for this build, just using what I had kicking about left over from previous projects (you will just have to wait to see how that went!)

I sketched out a rough design, which can be seen below


After settling on the initial design which had already grown from a single building to a jumbled group of dwellings, hence the tenement rather than dosshouse.
 I did myself a full-size drawing on Autocad so that I could get all the panel sizes & started cutting out some foam board that i had left from build the mansion/museum (seen on some other posts), problem was, that after putting it all together, I then changed my mind on the design! 

I then tweeked the design to a few different versions & asked for peoples opinions on LAF & the bottom design was chosen.




Well thats it for now, I will post more soon








No comments:

Post a Comment